Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Have A Dream

Haish... i dunno what happened but my entry on this earlier was suddenly erased! How can that be?? Hence, I would have to re-post this entry again.... 

specially made for that special someone.. I have to rent this trademark pan  for this cake, but it's all worth it :)
What's with the cake, u may wonder... well I guess I've not been telling one of the thing that I'm passionate about - baking! Yup, back in 2007 I've started my small scale cupcakes business. I was doing very well with weekly non-stop orders. In fact, I've to schedule and limit myself not to accept more than 3 orders per week to  ensure that I could managed between office work, family and quality delivery of my cuppies :) but I've to slow down a year later when I no longer have reliable helper around ( i used to have this maid that sooo capable with baking after i taught her how to) and when office work start taking over its toll :( 


Btw, I don't really remember when I started baking... sometimes when I was 13, I guess... I don't really go to any school to learn but merely from my mom :) But one thing for sure, I believe baking has always been in my blood cos' all of my aunts from dad's side were avid and professional bakers. Too bad that I don't get enough chance to really acquire all the techniques and great recipes from arwah Mak Long and arwah Mak Sabar. But still glad that at least I know how to bake arwah Mak Long's famous and all time favourites 'roti naik' and 'pau daging' Yummieee...

I remember yearssss ago when I first saw Delifrance cafe when I dream that one day I'm gonna have my very own 'Deliena Cafe' franchises all over Malaysia :) But later on I started to realize how running a cafe/restaurant would cost a bomb, very competitive market and involve high overheads! So, when I decided to test the market for cupcakes I started to fall in love with cake decorating technique.. I acquired my skill from ICCA in SS2 PJ (now they already open another outlet in Kota Damansara) and got my certification. Wilton Method cake decorating technique is the best!! and if you completed all the 3 certifications (buttercream, royal icing and sugar paste techniques) you are qualify to become a Wilton Method Instructor (WMI). From there on, I knew what exactly I want to do later in life .. I want to open a Wilton Method cake decorating school and hope to be the first to be run by Bumiputra :) Instead of opening a cafe or my own bakery, why not train more and more skilled Bumiputra cake decorators, right??

And this is my dream that I hope can be realized in few more years... running a cake decorating school need steady funding and that is one of the reason why I ventured into Premium Beautiful biz today :) am really2 grateful with this opportunity!

Wilton Roses.. it's beautiful, it's unique and it didn't used the cone wafer !  purely buttercream as centre core :)
pattern transfer.. nice huh :)
2kg choc cake... took me almost 2 hours to complete the decoration...  pure satisfaction !
VERY BIG ice cream cake...any kids would be all over this cake!

favourite colors all combined :)



How about you? What is your dream?? Dare to dream... and dream big! Share it with me, and together let's turn it into reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment